Point Park, with an elevation of 2,135 feet, offers the most famous view of Moccasin Bend and Chattanooga. Whether you have been to the Point once or a thousand times before, it will be worthwhile to visit the oil painting of the Battle of the Clouds in the Visitor's Center, and to walk down to the Ochs Museum and the famous Umbrella Rock. Note: there is an admission fee.
Despite the entrance fee, there is something for everyone at Point Park:
- The paved loop around the point is accessible to all and includes the famous view of Moccasin Bend and Chattanooga as well as cannons and monuments. Rating: Easy.
- Bluff Trail towards Sunset Rock is a 3.5 mile out and back hike with spectacular views. Rating: Easy to Moderate.
- Mountain Beautiful Trail is a less-traveled route along the base of the eastern bluffs with an intimate look at the Incline Railway. Rating: Easy to Moderate.
Point Park is not used as often for running (it's more common to begin at Cravens House or Ruby Falls where parking is free) but it can be done:
- Bluff Trail Out and Back
- Bluff Trail/Upper Truck Loop
- Mountain Beautiful to Cravens House Loop
Something for everyone:
- Explore paved loop path around the point
- Civil War Monuments and Cannons
- The Point Hotel and Incline #1
View Larger Map